Destiny Draw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solid Pokemon Cores in the RU tier! (Explanation on what a Core is).

2 posters

Go down

Solid Pokemon Cores in the RU tier! (Explanation on what a Core is). Empty Solid Pokemon Cores in the RU tier! (Explanation on what a Core is).

Post by Zkillerthriller Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:50 pm

What is a core?
A core is a group of Pokemon in a team that work very well together. Covering their weaknesses. That's the basic concept of a Core! And as a competitive team-builder solid cores are key in making teams properly function. And so I decided to make one for my favorite tier: RU!

The Core - Defensive/Balanced

Solid Pokemon Cores in the RU tier! (Explanation on what a Core is). Alomom10

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic/Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect

Solid Pokemon Cores in the RU tier! (Explanation on what a Core is). Magnet10

Magneton @ Eviolite
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]/Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

The general idea of this core idea came by sheer coincidence. I simply happened to use a team that used Alomomola and Magneton, and it made me realize how good of synergy they actually have! - Alomomola can Wish/Pass and Toxic things. And Magneton can trap the Steel types that fail to be poisoned by Toxic, set up a free sub and go on and kill Steel types from there. It's also an amazing momentum grabber if you bring it in on something that's not Steel (because then you'd obviously wanna take the time to kill it straight away). Of course not if they have a Ground type, but the thing is that you can bring in Alomomola then. And get a free Wish/Toxic/Scald off. Another thing that makes Magneton a great partner is the fact that it doesn't care about Toxic. It also has amazing coverage and can be a pain for your opponent if played conservately and correctly. Which is also a default asset that Alomomola has. But that's beside the point. And you also need to realize that these are only 2 members of the team, imagine what would be possible along with 4 others!

Going into the Alomomola set, you can surely assume that's it's very standard. The only thing that I think is changeable is switching up Toxic for Knock Off or Mirror Coat. But I just love Toxic! It breaks through walls that this duo normally wouldn't be able to break!

As for Magnetons set, the 128 EVs in Speed are there to outspeed Gligar. Not a huge threat or anything, but It's just convenient to be able to outspeed it. It also helps outspeeding other things in the tier. The only move I'd consider changing is Hidden Power [Ice], but the Bolt/Beam combo is just so solid! However, you can opt to play Flash Cannon or Hidden Power [Fire]. But me personally wouldn't suggest HP Fire, seeing as how the only things you'd play it for (Escavalier and Durant) can't really touch Magneton in the first place. Thunderbolt is more than enough.
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

Back to top Go down

Solid Pokemon Cores in the RU tier! (Explanation on what a Core is). Empty Re: Solid Pokemon Cores in the RU tier! (Explanation on what a Core is).

Post by Peroxide. Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:25 am

Perhaps a neat little guide for those who don't know much about the Pokemon competitive scene would be nice here. Not everyone is familiarized with terms such as IVs, EVs, subbing, tiers, sets, etc. Perhaps sticking a post with the common terms and some other such could be of use over here o 3o

Other than that, it's nice to see people who give the NUs some lovin', so props on that one ~
Peroxide.
Peroxide.
RPG Moderator

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum