Destiny Draw
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Suggestions] Add a Pokemon section?

4 posters

Go down

[Suggestions] Add a Pokemon section? Empty [Suggestions] Add a Pokemon section?

Post by Zkillerthriller Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:55 pm

Alright!

So as I was browsing other academies (looking for inspiration on how to improve DD), I found that alot of them had a sort of different aspect as well. Anime, MTG, Vanguard  are some examples. Another example is Pokemon. But don't get me wrong, it's still primarily Yu-gi-oh related, but it would be nice if we had 1 comment section completely dedicated to something that isn't Yu-gi-oh, such as Pokemon! - Teams, how-to-get's, guides and tips are only 3 of many other things that could be done there. And as an extremely competitive Pokemon player myself, I think it's sad that there's nothing that has to do with Pokemon on this site. 'Cause as much as I love Yu-gi-oh, I love Pokemon just as much! So it would be very awesome if this could be implemented. I also think it would attract a much wider audience. 

Anyways, I'm done! Peace! =)
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

Back to top Go down

[Suggestions] Add a Pokemon section? Empty Re: [Suggestions] Add a Pokemon section?

Post by Order of Chaos Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:15 pm

We can add that and many others if you want, but I have left the pokemon competitive scene , so you have to take are about that.

Give me a list of rooms (naming) that the pokemon section should have.
Order of Chaos
Order of Chaos
Administrator

Back to top Go down

[Suggestions] Add a Pokemon section? Empty Re: [Suggestions] Add a Pokemon section?

Post by Zkillerthriller Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Order of Chaos wrote:We can add that and many others if you want, but I have left the pokemon competitive scene , so you have to take are about that.

Give me a list of rooms (naming) that the pokemon section should have.
Like a name for the section?
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Order of Chaos Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:02 pm

the section will be named pokemon, I meant the names of the sub sections of that.
Order of Chaos
Order of Chaos
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zkillerthriller Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Order of Chaos wrote:the section will be named pokemon, I meant the names of the sub sections of that.
Ok, here are my suggestions!

Competitive! - Here are all discussions regarding the competitive metagame of Pokemon!

In-Game! - Here are all discussions regarding the in-game aspect of Pokemon!

Team Arena! - Have a team you need improved? Have a great team you wanna share? Come here!

Innovation Facility! - This is the place to share extremely innovative sets and teams with the world!

What do you think?
Zkillerthriller
Zkillerthriller

Back to top Go down

Post by Order of Chaos Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Done. If you need smth else tell me.
Order of Chaos
Order of Chaos
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Peroxide. Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:47 am

While I don't pose any sort of objection to having sections that do not resolve around Yu-Gi-Oh, there should be some sort of 'system', so to call it, as to when and how can new sections be implemented.

Say, for example, that everyone starts discussing Bayonetta on the Off-Topic section, so much that there are about ten threads about the game for every one thread that talks anything else. If it's that popular within the forum, then you'll want to give it its own little section for the sheer interest found within to shine, right?

And when you do, you'd slowly craft sections within it as people keep discussing particular things. Say that at the beginning there is no predominant topic, but then some people start talking about bosses with increasing frequency, you'd want to give them a section for their needs so that their individual threads don't cause much clutter in the main portion of the subsection. But if nobody talks about the weapons, nor do they care about them, would you want to open a subsection dedicated to a topic that they won't discuss?

I'm all up for more sections, and more varied ones at that. But I'd say we'd need to incorporate them as their demand arises. If people talk a lot about music, then give them a subforum that's all about that bass (note). But if nobody shows any interest in Simon Cowell's hair, then do not give them a subforum for that, it'll remain emptier than the set of Post-It notes I keep for writing reminders (I've never used them to begin with, so tl;dr I forget stuff with frequency). ~

Regarding the Pokemon section, why not leave it as a subforum without any sections for the time-being? And, as people start to talk about the franchise and its many shades (manga, anime, TCG, metagame, amiibo figures and what have you), then add some particular sections that cater to the user's discussion needs.
Peroxide.
Peroxide.
RPG Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruki Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:24 pm

Peroxide. has spoken! cheers
Ruki
Ruki

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down